January 16, 2011

The Guru Came

                My Guru, Baba Muktananda


The Guru Came

by Harry Kottler

When my time arrived, the Guru came.
After that life was not the same.
In time, the Guru made my mind tame,
And love blossomed in my heart.

I was longing for the Lord
When my Guru did come forward,
And, in him, the Lord I saw.
He was so immense.

After a time, the inner Guru appeared,
And spoke to me right in my ear.
Now he's ever-present here.
He's with me all the time.

I listen to what the inner Guru says.
I've found that that is always best.
He leads me forward on my quest
To merge my heart with the Lord.

The Guru is my inner star.
I've rode that star, and I've traveled far.
Most human lives are behind bars.
All my bars are being taken away.

Life's no tale of misery.
The Guru holds the secret key
To help a person become free
To live a life of peace and bliss.

I listen to the outer one.
I listen to the inner one.
They both hold the inner sun
Which shines upon my heart.

..................

                With love and respect,

                 Harry and Helen
© harryandhelen., all rights reserved.

about author~


I write & paint in Santa Monica and teach in Los Angeles. My website is:
http://www.babamuktanandapoems.com
h.kottler@verizon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment